Monday, October 24, 2011

Life As I Know It



Today was as incredible as any other but it was very special in the fact that I had a realization. Let me give you the background before I give you my recognition. We were on the way back from exploring up in the hills; we hiked up to a small waterfall and spent the better part of the day chilling (or as the locals say, “liming”) there in the refreshing cool of the jungle. On our way back we began sampling all sorts of fruits growing on the side of the road. It all started with Kelley Mae holding down a branch of an orange tree as I leapt off a small incline attempting to snatch two of the oranges. We eventually succeeded just as an elderly couple passed us with comments of the “crazy gringos” (foreigners). We then proceeded to taste a wide selection of guava, coconut, juplones, and bananas.

There I was: walking between my two best friends, fruit juice dripping through my hands, rinds, peels, and seeds scattered among our footsteps, gazing out over the bluest of waters under a cloudless sky when I realized….

I could be sitting in an office. HA!

Life, is good J

No comments:

Post a Comment