Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And So It Begins!


What an adventure so far! And I'm only in London!
I arrived 2.5 hours early for my 7:10pm flight to London from Calgary only to find that it had been delayed by three hours and then was delayed again. We ended up taking off just after 11pm. The flight went pretty well...I sat next to a Dublin student (accent!!!) who had been on exchange this semester in Calgary. Neither of us could figure out why he came to Canada when he could have gone to Australia!

I watched 'District 9' on the plane and it's amazing! I definitely recommend it (yes dad, that means you. i know its about aliens but trust me on this one). And does it make me a loser if I actually like airplane food? We even got cookies! Come on, cookies have to count for something!

I'm currently waiting out my five hour (cut back from ten because of the flight delay) layover. London is amazing!!! The Heathrow airport is huge and just trying to find the terminal for my connector was an adventure! They also don't post which gate you are at until about a half an hour before your flight starts boarding which is kinda neat. I didn't sleep much on the plane so in theory I should be exhausted but maybe it's the high I get when I travel but I am no where near tired! Everything here is incredible! Everyone has accents...yes, I am just realizing this, and they think mine is hillarious. Even the key board on this computer is different (that will be my excuse for the bad spelling)! It took me over a minute to try and find the @ symbol.

There were a few other people heading to South Africa on my fligh but I wasn't able to talk to them much but we are going to try and meet up again before our flight leaves. This next one is going to be incredibly long...12 hours and 10 minutes. I'm kinda wishing I had brought some kind of gravol or something to knock me out but I've decided to leave all the coulda woulda shoulda's behind me.

I am incredibly excited to get to Cape Town but I'm trying to enjoy the journey. So far all is well! I'm not sure when I will be able to update next but I found out that I do have internet at the orphanage...not sure how available it will be.
Hope everyone who is reading this is having a wonderful day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment