Thursday, June 3, 2010

Diving



I don't think I can truly get across to everyone at home how much I love my job. The people I work with, especially Astrid, and what I do everyday is incredible. I get up most mornings to run along the beach, work for about nine or ten hours (diving, filling tanks, helping customers), get home exhausted, feed my cat (the local stray that has adopted me...named Olivia), make dinner, do something whether it's going out with friends or just relaxing or something, go for a walk on the beach and then go to bed.

I love meeting the divers that come to our shop. Sometimes they are new to diving and I get to be there as they take those first few breaths underwater. Sometimes they are long time divers who can teach me new things. I love showing people the little Blenny's and spidercrabs and Christmas tree worms and all the other things that people would miss if you don't show them. I love hearing their underwater exclamations of surprise. I love how exhausted i am at night and that it takes me all of 30 seconds to fall asleep.

I love the island. How slow things are. Sometimes I get so frustrated that it takes ssoooo long to do something and then I have to stop and ask myself what the rush is. I love the people. How at first they are boarder line rude and think you are some tourist but after the third time you come they finally get that you are local and they don't try and rip you off and actually smile.

Here are some recent pictures =)









No comments:

Post a Comment