Monday, April 26, 2010

A Solemn Farewell


My time on Argo has come to a close. Program finished on April 14 and it still doesn't seem like it has ended. The experiences, adventures, and people I met have inspired me beyond all I thought possible. I was so sad to see them go but I know we will see each other in the future. I wish that I could accurately describe my life for the last three months but I think it would be impossible. Maybe that is what makes it so special.
I have picked up a number of habits and sayings...some are sailor mannerisms others are American mannerisms...all of them strange! Just to name a few...
- I still take cold showers
- I ask for the head when I need a bathroom
- I sleep curled in a small ball because I am used to my bunk
- I wake up at 7am even though I were up until 4am
- I have no idea how to use two utensils let alone a napkin
- I have dreams I'm late for watch
- I catch myself saying "2...6!"
- I use polywog as an insult
- I say "uh huh" in place of "thank you"

These are only a few.. I could go on forever but it would take much too long.


In a brief closing:
Thank you to everyone who was on the Argo Spring 2010 Trip. You have changed my life.
And just remember......
WE ARE ARGO!

1 comment: